Junior Interior Designer
AWW are looking for a Junior Interior Designer to join our busy, vibrant interiors team base in our Bristol office. The ideal candidate will have a Post Graduate degree level qualification in Interior Design BA (hons) or equivalent. The role requires someone capable of supporting the senior interiors team members and architectural team in the design process from inception through to completion. The role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Preliminary design sketches to define brief and develop ideas
- Assisting with production of presentations and design document
- Space Planning with consideration to standards and guidance
- Product Research and ordering of samples
- Production of specifications / Interior design scheduling
- Knowledge of Revit, Adobe & Office
- Hand sketching to effectively communicate ideas
- Flexibility and team work
- Knowledge of statutory instruments controlling our work (Building Regs, HSAWA, Disability act, British standards etc.)
- Good organisational skills/task management
- High level of productivity and self-motivation
- High quality of work
Please apply by emailing your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our Directors are RIBA Part 3 examiners. We welcome applications from graduates with an excellent academic record. Strong communication and presentation skills as well as a talent and passion for design are key. Every possible opportunity and resource will be given to help you achieve your RIBA work placement requirements.
We will give you individual responsibility from the start and a sector Director will be your mentor. You will become involved in projects of varying scales and across a diverse range of sectors. AWW offers a wide range of training opportunities, regular in-house CPD sessions, and supports the achievement of professional qualifications.
We offer Part I and Part II placements in all our offices. We also offer an annual six week summer placement to students undertaking a BA Hons Architecture and Planning Part 1 RIBA and RTPI accredited course at UWE (University of the West of England). This is part of our ongoing commitment to support architectural education.
Employee Benefits include:
- AJ100 Employer of the Year – Finalist 2017
- AJ100 South West Practice of the Year – title held for an unprecedented four consecutive years
- AJ100 South West Best Place to Work – title held for an unprecedented four consecutive years
- Ranked No. 20 in Building Magazine’s list of Top 50 Architects 2017