Current Vacancies – Bristol
Job title: IT Support Technician
Location: Bristol (with occasional travel to London and Plymouth offices)
Salary: £20 – £25k pa depending on experience
Start date: Immediate
Hours: Minimum 27.5 hours per week
Reporting to: IT Manager
AWW is looking to recruit a third member of the IT team to help support their growing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support to internal staff, helping maintain the servers and network infrastructure and assisting the IT Manager and Team with changes and projects as needed.
- One of the following qualifications: BTEC in IT, CompTIA or Degree in ICT or equivalent
- GCSE in English and Maths
- Must have worked in an IT support role for a minimum of 2 years
- Good knowledge of Microsoft technologies
- An interest in technology and IT troubleshooting/problem solving
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Good organisational skills, tidiness and attention to detail
- Must be able to work on your own initiative, particularly on project-based elements of the role.
- Punctuality and willing to work, occasionally, out of working hours.
- Office 365
- Active Directory, Group Policies and associated tools and services.
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Windows 10 Professional and Windows Domains
- Hyper-V platform and Virtual Machine Technologies
- Understanding networking LAN and WAN technologies, including VLANs, routing and usual networking tools.
- IP based phone systems.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Enterprise WiFi systems
- Cisco and Microsoft VPN skills
- Understanding and experience with network and infrastructure security
Additional, useful skills:
- CAD applications
- Good documentation skills
- Understanding of change management processes
- Understanding backup and archiving methodology
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of a ticket-based support system
- Microsoft Azure
- SAN and Shared Storage Systems
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org