How Do We Make Great Buildings and Places? Procuring Buildings of the Best Value and Design: FREE event at City Hall, Bristol.
On 8th May 2013 RIBA South West is holding this free event which is open to all. The event, which will be held from 8.30am – 11.45am at City Hall, includes a key note address from Mayor George Ferguson on what makes great architecture in a city, and progress in the city of Bristol. AWW’s David Perkin will also be speaking about recent project South Bristol Hospital.
The event is designed to:
• Encourage the use of procurement practices which prioritise design quality and deliver long-term value for clients
• Encourage dialogue on access to procurement for small firms, between architects, co-professionals and procurement bodies (local authorities, housing associations, frameworks & contractors and others) at local level
• Build constructive, on-going and reciprocal relationships between the RIBA and public clients
• Raise awareness of RIBA and RICS on-going work on the procurement of buildings
The event includes:
• Key note address from Mayor George Ferguson on what makes great architecture in a city, and progress in the city of Bristol
• Presentation of the recommendations of the RIBA report Building Ladders of Opportunity by Walter Menteth, Walter Menteth Architects and Russell Curtis, RCKa Architects, of the RIBA Procurement Reform Group
• Case study: South Bristol Hospital by AWW Architects, Bristol and client
• Reducing Cost Whilst Maintaining Quality from Matthew Saunders RICS Associate Director (Construction) on the recommendations of the RICS Construction Policy document
• Question and answer discussion session
Although the event is free, booking is essential. Please contact RIBA South West email@example.com / 0844 800 2767 for tickets.