Looking for a fulfilling career in Architecture?
Join our inspired working environment
- AJ100 Employer of the Year – Finalist 2017
- AJ100 South West Practice of the Year – title held for an unprecedented four consecutive years
- AJ100 South West Best Place to Work – title held for an unprecedented four consecutive years
- Ranked No. 20 in Building Magazine’s list of Top 50 Architects 2017
Employee Benefits include:
IT Technician – Bristol
Immediate Start | 37.5 hours per week
AWW is looking to recruit a third member of the IT team to help support their growing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support to internal staff, helping maintain the servers and network infrastructure and assisting the IT Manager and Team with changes and projects as needed.
- One of the following qualifications: BTEC in IT, CompTIA or Degree in ICT
- GCSE in English and Maths
- Must have worked in an IT support role for a minimum of 2 years
- Good knowledge of Microsoft technologies
- An interest in technology and IT troubleshooting/problem solving
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work on your own initiative, particularly on project-based elements of the role
Key skills – required knowledge/experience of:
- Office 365
- Active Directory, Group Policies and associated tools and services
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Windows 10 Professional and Windows Domains
- VMware 6.x and Hyper-V
- Understanding of networking LAN and WAN technologies
- IP based phone systems
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Enterprise WiFi systems
- Cisco and Microsoft VPN skills
- Understanding and experience with network and infrastructure security
Additional, useful skills:
- CAD applications
- Good documentation skills
- Understanding of change management processes
- Understanding of backup and archiving methodology
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of a ticket-based support system
- Microsoft Azure
- SAN and Shared Storage Systems
Due to the volume of applications received we may not be able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.
Experienced Architects and Technologists
We would like to hear from you if you are an experienced Architect or Technologist highly proficient in Revit, with 5+ years’ experience and keen to work in a vibrant, friendly and busy practice based in the centre of Bristol.
For all vacancies, please use the contact form below to send us your CV, covering letter and contact details.
AWW is an equal opportunities employer, we welcome all applicants but you must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Some of our Directors are RIBA Part 3 examiners. We welcome applications from graduates with an excellent academic record. Strong communication and presentation skills as well as a talent and passion for design are key. Every possible opportunity and resource will be given to help you achieve your RIBA work placement requirements.
We will give you individual responsibility from the start and a sector Director will be your mentor. You will become involved in projects of varying scales and across a diverse range of sectors. AWW offers a wide range of training opportunities, regular in-house CPD sessions, and supports the achievement of professional qualifications.
We offer Part I and Part II placements in all our offices. We also offer an annual six week summer placement to students undertaking a BA Hons Architecture and Planning Part 1 RIBA and RTPI accredited course at UWE (University of the West of England). This is part of our ongoing commitment to support architectural education.