Looking for a fulfilling career in Architecture?
Join our own inspired working environment
- AJ100 Employer of the Year – national finalist 2016
- AJ100 South West Practice of the Year and Best Place to Work – title held for an unprecedented four consecutive years
- Ranked No. 20 in Building Magazine’s list of Top 50 Architects 2016
Employee Benefits include:
Some of our Directors are RIBA Part 3 examiners. We welcome applications from graduates with an excellent academic record. Strong communication and presentation skills as well as a talent and passion for design are key. Every possible opportunity and resource will be given to help you achieve your RIBA work placement requirements.
We will give you individual responsibility from the start and a sector Director will be your mentor. You will become involved in projects of varying scales and across a diverse range of sectors. AWW offers a wide range of training opportunities, regular in-house CPD sessions, and supports the achievement of professional qualifications.
We offer Part I and Part II placements in all our offices. We also offer an annual six week summer placement to students undertaking a BA Hons Architecture and Planning Part 1 RIBA and RTPI accredited course at UWE (University of the West of England). This is part of our ongoing commitment to support architectural education.
Level of qualification:
- HNC/ BSc or equivalent
- MCIAT or pursuing
- Up to 5 years work experience
- Assisting the Project Team Leader in relation to resource programming, fee monitoring and other project management issues as required.
- Strong knowledge of Revit software and willingness to learn the AWW protocols for its use
- Knowledge of all standard forms of construction, their principle and practice
- Required level of Continuing Professional Development
- Reasonable working knowledge of all current issues in order to protect and enhance our reputation in the market place
- Statutory instruments controlling your work (Building Regs, HSAWA, Disability Act, British Standards)
- Site practices
- Demonstrable communication skills of contact and liaison with other Consultants to ensure projects progress
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and structures
- Experience assisting the day-to-day management of projects with regard to design, production of information, correspondence and overall coordination
- Awareness of Principal Designer responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015
- Understanding of environmental implications in the design and construction process
Level of qualification:
- BA (Hons) and BArch or equivalent second degree
- Working towards RIBA Part 3 professional exams
- General support role, gaining experience across all RIBA Work Stages
- Knowledge of Revit software and willingness to learn the AWW protocols for its use
- Use of Photoshop, InDesign and other graphics/ presentation software
- Understanding and appreciation of, and participation in, the design process
- Report writing
- Communication skills; written, aural, verbal and graphic
- Presentation skills
- General understanding of the structure, legislation and processes associated with development and construction
- Developing knowledge of construction technology
- CPD activities including presentation to others
- Experience of external relationships (Consultants, Contractors, Clients)
Experienced Architects and Technologists
We would like to hear from you if you are an experienced Architect or Technologist highly proficient in Revit, with 5+ years’ experience and keen to work in a vibrant, friendly and busy practice based in the centre of Bristol.
For all vacancies, please use the contact form below to send us your CV, covering letter and contact details.
AWW is an equal opportunities employer, we welcome all applicants but you must have the right to live and work in the UK.