Looking for a fulfilling career in Architecture?
Join our inspired working environment
- AJ100 Employer of the Year – Finalist 2017
- AJ100 South West Practice of the Year – title held for an unprecedented four consecutive years
- AJ100 South West Best Place to Work – title held for an unprecedented four consecutive years
- Ranked No. 20 in Building Magazine’s list of Top 50 Architects 2017
Employee Benefits include:
Technologist – Bristol
Level of qualification:
- HNC/ BSc or equivalent
- MCIAT or pursuing
- Up to 5 years work experience
- Assisting the Project Team Leader in relation to resource programming, fee monitoring and other project management issues as required.
- Strong knowledge of Revit software and willingness to learn the AWW protocols for its use
- Knowledge of all standard forms of construction, their principle and practice
- Required level of Continuing Professional Development
- Reasonable working knowledge of all current issues in order to protect and enhance our reputation in the market place
- Statutory instruments controlling your work (Building Regs, HSAWA, Disability Act, British Standards)
- Site practices
- Demonstrable communication skills of contact and liaison with other Consultants to ensure projects progress
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and structures
- Experience assisting the day-to-day management of projects with regard to design, production of information, correspondence and overall coordination
- Awareness of Principal Designer responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015
- Understanding of environmental implications in the design and construction process
Part I/II – Bristol
Level of qualification:
- BA (Hons) and BArch or equivalent second degree
- Working towards RIBA Part 3 professional exams
- General support role, gaining experience across all RIBA Work Stages
- Knowledge of Revit software and willingness to learn the AWW protocols for its use
- Use of Photoshop, InDesign and other graphics/ presentation software
- Understanding and appreciation of, and participation in, the design process
- Report writing
- Communication skills; written, aural, verbal and graphic
- Presentation skills
- General understanding of the structure, legislation and processes associated with development and construction
- Developing knowledge of construction technology
- CPD activities including presentation to others
- Experience of external relationships (Consultants, Contractors, Clients)
Senior Interior Designer – Bristol
Contract role for Interior Designer at award winning Architectural and BIID Practice in Bristol
Level of Qualification:
- Interior Architecture Degree or equivalent
- Multi sector experience is beneficial for this role as the company works in a wide range of sectors
- Technical / IT skills should include REVIT, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
As Senior Interior Designer you will be part of a team responsible for developing initial concept ideas and designs, client presentations, space planning, product research and specifications, liaising with contractors / suppliers and assisting with project management and delivery of interior design / fit out projects.
You will also act as a representative of the firm, attending meetings with/on behalf of Directors, with the ability to make commercial / management decisions on elements of the project. You will support the Business Development & marketing team. You will be expected to offer assistance to and support other project teams, when resource allows, across the Practice. In your delivery you will promote the Practice’s Quality Objectives.
As Senior Interior Designer you will have previous interior design experience, experience of supporting a small team, be commercially aware with the ability to work within budget and to tight deadlines. You will have excellent conceptual design skills and be able to demonstrate a portfolio of work to show your design creativity. With strong communication and presentation skills, you will be able to work on projects from design through to installation both as part of a team and independently.
This is a 1 year maternity cover contract role. There may be the possibility to extend this term.
Experienced Architects and Technologists
We would like to hear from you if you are an experienced Architect or Technologist highly proficient in Revit, with 5+ years’ experience and keen to work in a vibrant, friendly and busy practice based in the centre of Bristol.
For all vacancies, please use the contact form below to send us your CV, covering letter and contact details.
AWW is an equal opportunities employer, we welcome all applicants but you must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Some of our Directors are RIBA Part 3 examiners. We welcome applications from graduates with an excellent academic record. Strong communication and presentation skills as well as a talent and passion for design are key. Every possible opportunity and resource will be given to help you achieve your RIBA work placement requirements.
We will give you individual responsibility from the start and a sector Director will be your mentor. You will become involved in projects of varying scales and across a diverse range of sectors. AWW offers a wide range of training opportunities, regular in-house CPD sessions, and supports the achievement of professional qualifications.
We offer Part I and Part II placements in all our offices. We also offer an annual six week summer placement to students undertaking a BA Hons Architecture and Planning Part 1 RIBA and RTPI accredited course at UWE (University of the West of England). This is part of our ongoing commitment to support architectural education.